Each year during the rainy season from June to October is the low season and fewer tourists than usual come to Samui. To bring in more tourists, different events are organized at this time of year and sports activity gives another reason for people to spend time in Samui. This is the main reason for the initiative to organize Samui Island Marathon 2010.
To hold an international marathon on Samui would certainly bring more people to the island because Samui is famous as Thailand's leading tourist destination and long distance running is a popular sport in Thailand. The organizers have plans to publicize the event in neighboring countries and through running clubs in Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Australia whose members have achieved fame in world class marathon.
Date: 19th September 2010, Sunday
Venue: Nathon Pier, Koh Samui Island, Thailand
Starting Time: 2am
Distance: 42.195km (Full Marathon), 21.1km (Half Marathon), 10.55km (Quarter Marathon), 5km (Student Marathon)
* Student Marathon only open for Koh Samui Student between age of 12 years old to 14 years old)*Category: Men, Men Junior Veteran, Men Senior Veteran Open & Women, Women Junior Veteran & Women Senior Veteran Open.
Cash Prizes, refer here
- Princess Trophy Overall Winner, Men and Women, Marathon- Marathon Trophy 2nd – 5th place, Overall winners and 1st – 5th place winners, Age Group Marathon
- Half Marathon Trophy 1st – 5th place, Overall winners and 1st – 5th place winners, Age Group Half Marathon
- Quarter Marathon Trophy 1st – 5th place, Overall winners and 1st – 5th place winners, Age Group & Quarter Marathon
- Samui Victory Medal Given to all runners who pass the Finish line before cut off time
(6 hours for Marathon, 3 hours for Half Marathon and 1 ½ hours for Quarter Marathon.)
Certificate Given to all Marathon runners who pass the Finish Line within 6 hours.
For Online Registration, is available at here
For more event info, accomodation or flights info, visit to Official Website